Friday, December 09, 2005

Waking life

Sleep still eludes me... and it's getting increasingly frustrating because I'm supposed to be recuperating. If I'm lucky I get to sleep for a 4-hour stretch at night. See here:

11pm: Bedtime - fall asleep
2am: IV antibiotic - delivery
2.30am: IV antibiotic -flushing
2.45am: IV antibiotic - removal
6am: Blood-taking
6-7am: Bed-sheet change, blood pressure, temperature, weight
8am: Medication
8.30am: Breakfast

WIDE AWAKE NOW! I'm not much of an afternoon nap person - I get headaches. But I long to take a nap in the arvo, it's just that there's always someone coming in to poke and prod!

9-10am: Doctor's rounds
10am: Cyc A bloodtest
10am: IV antibiotic - delivery
10.30am: IV antibiotic -flushing
10.45am: IV antibiotic - removal
Noon: Lunch
2pm: IV antibiotic - delivery
2.30pm: IV antibiotic -flushing
2.45pm: IV antibiotic - removal
3pm: blood pressure, temperature
6pm: Dinner
8pm: Medication

Rinse and Repeat. This does not include the hourly trips to the bathroom. Yes I'm still debloating after 5 days off the water infusions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home