Thursday, December 01, 2005

My New Home

I'm installed in a High Dependency Unit, a dual-entranced negative-pressure room decked out with beeping monitors and IVs. For the next five days or so, my only human contact will be nurses, doctors, the cleaners and food service staff. I saw mum and dad briefly yesterday as they wheeled me into my new home, so I got to say hi and tell them I was doing a-ok.

Fell asleep for most of the day yesterday, but woke in the wee hours and found my feet hurting like crazy. They burned. It's kinda like pins and needles, but a demented sent from hell version of it. The pain was so bad that it superceded the pain in the op site. C R A Z Y.

Anyway. News on the medical front is good. My creatinine levels have dropped to 109 from the high 500s. [Creatinine levels indicate kidney function, it should be about 75 for me]. They told me my brother was up walking immediately after the op. And eating. Two dinners! Woah. He's being discharged today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home