Up and about... kinda
Today's Highlights:
* Got out of bed - it took about 2 minutes to plan, and 10 minutes to execute. 30 minutes to recuperate. Rolling over to the side is horrendously hard. I can go left (where the new kidney is) but not to the right (the kidney seems to 'flop' and it's no fun). Standing for more than 30 seconds is harder than I thought it'd be.
Sat up in a chair for about an hour and took stock of the human pincushion/puppet:
*1 IV in right hand
*1 central venous catheter
*1 respiration thimble
*1 blood pressure cuff (on my left leg, as my left arm is banned from all bloodtaking, bp monitoring due to the fistula, which I'll have to maintain for life)
* 1 urinary catheter
* 1 drain tube
The CVC looks like this, only, the main line is connected to four tubes, each with two outlets. In effect I could be hooked up to eight different lines.
I'm to be hooked up 24-hours for the next few days and it's a real bitch. Moving around freely is almost impossible due to the pain and the risk of ripping my neck out.
* Was allowed dinner today - some rice porridge, a pork and mushroom dish and some french beans. Hospital food has never tasted so good. Scarfed all of it and am sure to pay for my greediness later.
* Got out of bed - it took about 2 minutes to plan, and 10 minutes to execute. 30 minutes to recuperate. Rolling over to the side is horrendously hard. I can go left (where the new kidney is) but not to the right (the kidney seems to 'flop' and it's no fun). Standing for more than 30 seconds is harder than I thought it'd be.
Sat up in a chair for about an hour and took stock of the human pincushion/puppet:
*1 IV in right hand
*1 central venous catheter
*1 respiration thimble
*1 blood pressure cuff (on my left leg, as my left arm is banned from all bloodtaking, bp monitoring due to the fistula, which I'll have to maintain for life)
* 1 urinary catheter
* 1 drain tube
The CVC looks like this, only, the main line is connected to four tubes, each with two outlets. In effect I could be hooked up to eight different lines.
I'm to be hooked up 24-hours for the next few days and it's a real bitch. Moving around freely is almost impossible due to the pain and the risk of ripping my neck out.
* Was allowed dinner today - some rice porridge, a pork and mushroom dish and some french beans. Hospital food has never tasted so good. Scarfed all of it and am sure to pay for my greediness later.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home