Happy Birthday Lumpkid!
The kidney-kid turns three today! I think he's had a pretty good three years. He's one active little kidney.
So far he's taken me rock-climbing (despite my acrophobia), and started me running. I.hate.running. I still do. It's hard to overcome the initial enertia, pain and jiggles. But we've 'conquered' 10km and run quite regularly. I guess I do it for a combination of factors -- lumpkid demands new adventures each year and it keeps him less lumpy.
In a few days, he's gonna take me along my first 21km marathon. I fear for my feet. But lumpkid inspires me and won't let me just trundle on in life, so it's ahead we go, no matter how hard the road gets, my third kidney and me, we will conquer! Gambate!
//Update: Finished my first 21km on 7 Dec 2008. NEVER DOING THAT AGAIN. Lumpkid needs to moderate his goals next year. I propose learning to ride a bicycle (stop sniggering) and he's taken it under advisement.
So far he's taken me rock-climbing (despite my acrophobia), and started me running. I.hate.running. I still do. It's hard to overcome the initial enertia, pain and jiggles. But we've 'conquered' 10km and run quite regularly. I guess I do it for a combination of factors -- lumpkid demands new adventures each year and it keeps him less lumpy.
In a few days, he's gonna take me along my first 21km marathon. I fear for my feet. But lumpkid inspires me and won't let me just trundle on in life, so it's ahead we go, no matter how hard the road gets, my third kidney and me, we will conquer! Gambate!
//Update: Finished my first 21km on 7 Dec 2008. NEVER DOING THAT AGAIN. Lumpkid needs to moderate his goals next year. I propose learning to ride a bicycle (stop sniggering) and he's taken it under advisement.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home