In Living Colour
Who needs travel pictures or videos when you can have a live tour of your bladder?! And in Living Technicolor(r) too!
The urologists took out the stent today, and gave me an overview of the inner-most workings of my bladder and its new kidney friend. [I dubb thee Lumpkid - Lumpy Kidney geddit? Har har]
The stent is a thin tube (coiled at both ends) that keeps the passages from the new connections open and scar-free. I got to see the entire removal process: an stainless steel saw-toothed clamp snuck up on the tube and whizz! a party of bubbles and the stent was out. Apart from the expected discomfort (not pleasant, but not unbearable either), it was painless and quick.
I get a kick out of collecting random (morbid) treasures, so now I have 15 staples and a DJ stent to add to my collection of baby teeth, lengths of hair and plaster cast molds of my mouth. haha!
The urologists took out the stent today, and gave me an overview of the inner-most workings of my bladder and its new kidney friend. [I dubb thee Lumpkid - Lumpy Kidney geddit? Har har]
The stent is a thin tube (coiled at both ends) that keeps the passages from the new connections open and scar-free. I got to see the entire removal process: an stainless steel saw-toothed clamp snuck up on the tube and whizz! a party of bubbles and the stent was out. Apart from the expected discomfort (not pleasant, but not unbearable either), it was painless and quick.
I get a kick out of collecting random (morbid) treasures, so now I have 15 staples and a DJ stent to add to my collection of baby teeth, lengths of hair and plaster cast molds of my mouth. haha!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home